Sunday, March 06, 2011

More cartoons turning real

We finally have real steel stairs off the back porch. This is one of the items I told Mike, the contractor, "I'm going to build them myself." 2+ years later... they're done.
I drew them in sketchup, mocked them up with scrap wood, decided that the top step was going to be too narrow and making it bigger would bring the bottom step too far out in the yard, pondered, pondered and pondered. Then, Matt helped me out by suggesting that I split the difference in the angles rather than worrying about them being all parallel. I decided to focus on having a nice corner alignment and to let them look like fanned out cards.

I'm going to call them The Charlie Memorial Staircase - designed to be easy on old hips.


From:

To:

2 comments:

JimErik said...

cool... but where's the SPAM ?

giamarie said...

Nice...Jess told me about these.
They turned out great!
I was just thinking of you guys and checked your blog to see if there was any Italy stuff since I am not on facebook.
Best, Gia