Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Mini Mötorheads - A club for first grade car fanatics - First meeting


I'm running a club at my son's school and am sharing note on the blog so other folks might benefit and borrow.

Mini Mötorheads - A club for first grade car (ie: Hot Wheels) fanatics


Hi Families, Next meeting is tomorrow. Focus.... Tesla


We had an EXCELLENT first huddle on Jan 23rd

What a great gang!
We collaborated and came up with the club’s initial ground rules.
Limit the number of cars you bring to 5 (this will save confusion on who’s who’s)
No contact. (This isn’t football, so there’s no need for touching with either hands or cars. Ex: driving on your friend’s back.
No trades (this is meant to save regretful feelings)

Each member introduced themselves, their reason for wanting to be a Mini Motörhead, and then introduced the cars they brought and why they chose them. 
Each member had 2 - 3 this time and it worked well. Everyone provided their best listening skills.

I’m going to work on two things:
1. Snacks. I’ll enlist any parent who can help, tomorrow I’ll take care of it.
2. Logo. I have an idea. Let me know if you have Photoshop and the know-how, I need help!

Future Ideas:
  • Track, Hotwheels play buildings, ramps
  • I need a world map to see where our toy versions were both, made, and where the actual cars are from.
  • Themes. Tomorrow is Tesla and electric
  • Go Pro filming of cars (there are cars with camera adapters to film from driver perspective)
  • A huddle with bigger cars?

No comments: